Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boston Bomb triggered by cell phone?

Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks fired this volley in news5idnXV1-
:

Darwin? In retrospect, why didn't he mix it with water and use it as
fertilizer. I'm not a smart guy but even I know better...EVERYBODY
knows better! Was he not aware of how to handle powder?

Black powder doesn't go "skunky", nitrocellulose-based propellants do.

BP contains potassium nitrate and sulfur; both good soil amendments. NC
powders make lousy fertilizer, releasing most of their decomposition
products as nitrous oxides and concentrated acids.

LLoyd

I' ll be damned! The NRA reloading manuals that I use for teaching
classes state that both single-base and double-based powders can be used
as fertilizer to destroy it. I won't teach that anymore!