Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gorton 2-28 milling machine

jon_banquer fired this volley in news:03f63e12-
:

Usually fixtures are stamped with a customer name and number that
corresponds with the drawing.

If the purpose is to preserve them for replacing parts later, or making
more for duplicating a machine, then yes.

I have "waste plate" fixtures that have been used for dozens of different
jobs. When I run out of "holes" (or places for them), then they go in
the scrap, but I save them as unlabeled working fixturing for future jobs
until they're useless.

I have the other, truly dedicated ones, as well. Everyone does. That's
what my marking stamps are for.

Lloyd