Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Proper way to lift new nitrogen storage tank

On 2013-04-20, Paul wrote:
My company is getting a nitrogen generating system next month. Parts are
beginning to arrive. This morning our nitrogen storage tank came in,
laying down and strapped to a long pallet. It is 6 ft. long and weighs
680 lbs.

At some time we will need to set it upright and move to it's final
location. There are no places to attach a chain to the tank.

There is a 1 1/2 inch pipe port right at the top and I am thinking I
will screw in a short nipple and add a pipe cap with a chain bolted to
the cap. Then use the fork lift to pick up the tank using the chain
fastened to one of the forks.

Add a tee to the nipple and put a rod trough the tee, then chain or strap

Any thoughts of other ways to set it up and move it?

Paul

I like that idea. Don't have to mess with drilling a pipe cap, etc. I
think I have most of the parts here at home.

Thanks, I.

Paul