Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gorton 2-28 milling machine

"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley in
:

And if I'm not mistaken, you have cnc...which is why I mentioned using
cnc and a ball end mill to produce an angled surface.

PT, I've done that before; I have two reasons not to normally do it:

1) My CAM package makes it very clunky to set up an angled side profile
like that, because it is primarily a 2.5D package, and

2) I'm not really happy with the time vs. surface finish tradeoffs of
that method. It takes a really long time to make the tiny stepovers and
depth increments to produce a reasonable finish.

But yes. It works OK. There are times when it's just not practical to
move a piece around on the angle plate, and then so-called "side-
profiling" is the way to go.