Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Proper way to lift new nitrogen storage tank

My company is getting a nitrogen generating system next month. Parts are
beginning to arrive. This morning our nitrogen storage tank came in,
laying down and strapped to a long pallet. It is 6 ft. long and weighs
680 lbs.

At some time we will need to set it upright and move to it's final
location. There are no places to attach a chain to the tank.

There is a 1 1/2 inch pipe port right at the top and I am thinking I
will screw in a short nipple and add a pipe cap with a chain bolted to
the cap. Then use the fork lift to pick up the tank using the chain
fastened to one of the forks.

Any thoughts of other ways to set it up and move it?

Paul