Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Smart Meters

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article o.uk,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
Smart meters to save power customers £64 each across Wales, report
says -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22205299

Smart metering, as currently proposed, is entirely for the benefit
of the suppliers, not you.

Maybe, but it can be useful. We recently changed to a smart meter at the
burger joint because we could never get a 'real' reading done, as we are
not open during the day. It was a total pain to receive a bill that had
been grossly over-estimated every month, and to then have to get it
corrected and re-issued.

Why don't you read the meter every month and submit the readings online. I
do that for our village hall.

--
Tim

Ha ! Have you ever tried making sense of the readings on a modern electronic
three phase meter ? It tells you just about everything from how much gas
you're using, to the mean distance to the sun ...

Apart from that, remembering to do it every month is as much of a pain as
getting a wrong bill. The smart meter is magic in that it doesn't need
reading, and you get a correct bill every time :-)

Arfa
"That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines
imposed,