hewhowalksamongus hewhowalksamongus is offline
Junior Member

And what time do you use energy? maybe a staggered bill for everybody so 7-10pm costs more.

ALso do the council know you are not living in your house? Maybe you claim single person occupancy but you use a lot of energy.

Maybe you moved into your house for a year or to on the council register and then sold up without using any energy.

Are you renting without declaring it? maybe you used a lot of electrcity while your credit card was used abroad.

Maybe you just forgot to mention any of the above innocently because you couldn't be bothered with the 3rd degree and new paper work. £10,000 court bills and threats of prison for you.

All very scary stuff. I have always wondered why people would want a smart meter, is there anyone every convinced they should get one to save the polar bears? How can fitting a new expensive item so I can say "yes the kettle uses power" be a benefit to me?