BillR

Default new boiler choice

simon beer wrote:
Just moved house and we think the central heating could do with a
once over whilst we are redoing the kitchen, as boiler presently
situated there.

We intend putting it in the garage, other side of the wall. We are
going to install a new boiler as we think the old one is prob
inefficient and working hard for the size of the house, although we
put this down to its age. It is an Ideal E Type 60N which we have
been told is an ooold boiler.

System pipe work is also all in 15mm which could do with beefing up
to 22 on the main circuits if my thinking is right, any thoughts?

Should be 22mm min up to the zone valves. In a very small property you can
get away with 15mm.

Any way we are looking to change the current vented system to a sealed
system boiler, is this a good way to go?

You can use a combi boiler as a system boiler, I have, the advantage is that
they are much more competitively priced. In fact when I asked Ariston about
this they recommended it and sent me appropriate wiring diagrams.