Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

polygonum wrote:

But by weight? I'd have no idea what enough broccoli for four would weigh.
Or kale, come to that. I buy the quantity I want just by looking at it -
so more by volume than weight.

Even if that were the case, I'd like to check that I haven't grossly
wrongly estimated. Maybe grab some kale by eye/feel, weigh it, check the
amount isn't crazy and the price isn't more than I am willing to pay.
Then put in trolley/basket.

It matters when you are selecting stuff of which you need a
particular quantity, and too much would be wasted, too little
unsatisfactory. Which butternut squash is right, how big a sweet
potato? I wouldn't use them every week, unlike, say, potato or
onions, so it matters.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK