Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

In article
,
Man at B&Q wrote:
Fine for carrots (usually) because they tend to be at the cheaper
end, they often keep well (as you said), and many people use them
frequently. Very, very much less acceptable for vegetables which are
expensive, have poor keeping qualities, and may not be used very
often. E.g. mushrooms (treated as if vegetables though we all know
they are not!), leaf vegetables.

But those sort of things are generally sold pre-packed anyway - not
loose?

You really don't do the shopping, do you?

If I didn't do it no one would.

But do you really weigh cauliflower cabbage or broccoli before buying?

Yes I do! And kale. I don't want to grab a handful, or whatever form it
comes in, and have move than we need.

--
Rod