Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gorton 2-28 milling machine

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Unless you are doing really long pieces..if the head tilts side to
side..it can be used just as well as a front to back "nod"
(Im having a stroke moment here...cant remember what the "nod"
movement is called..damnit

No argument there. I use(d when I had access to one) the side-tilt
almost exclusively. My old Cincinatti #2 had a side tilt head. I sold
it to make room in the shop, never thinking how much I'd miss it.

But... angle vises? Talk about losing rigidity! Besides, how would you
mount and swing a 150lb 12"x18" casting on that little toy?

(I'll honestly say I don't know the quality of the Yaesa, but _anything_
from Birmingham is just chinkalloy trash.)

LLoyd

Lloyd