mttt

Default Psychopathology and The Wreck

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Is it even possible to return the group to a level that we can all
enjoy?

I'll admit - I wrote off Bay Area Dave, and said that he should be
shunned. I should have followed my own recommendation. It's just
that he is a bully - and I hate to see a bully go unchallenged.

Bull crap! Bull crap!!!

I followed your advice. He doesn't exist, to me.
You let him get under your skin, that's all.

Maybe it's easier for me since my kids are still preschoolers. My practice
is proll'y more recent than yours.

I have found myself replying with language and logic that I would have
never used in this place before.

I had the same epiphany in my reply to a sh*thead. I'd never say those
horrible, mean things to someone's face. Yet I found the anonymity and
ubiquity of the 'net an excuse to say things I should have left rattling in
my brain.

Grandma used to talk about "all you're doing is lowering yourself to their
level."
I'm damned ashamed to admit it took a half-century for that to sink in.

I thought it was witty. It was just damned rude - and I'd be ashamed to see
my kids read what I wrote.

Tomorrow, I will begin posting only happy thoughts. I will help where
I can and encourage where I can't.

Don't you dare stop writing and posting your novellas.
Don't you dare!