Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Gorton 2-28 milling machine

On 18/04/13 01:04, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Jonathan Banquer fired this volley in
:

When are you going to wake the **** up and realize that Wieber is no
machinist and doesn't have enough basic real world machining
experience?

Why are you and I the only one's calling Wieber out on his massive
stupidity for his claim of not needing to tilt the head and how often
it's done?

Ok.. here's where I stand. You and I have had words in the past because
of impressions we (maybe just I) had from things others said. They were
words that shouldn't have been written, even if they were all true.

I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt. You've recently said things
that make me believe you know a lot more than what your detractors say.

Gunner just uttered something that doesn't mesh with what I know has to
be done in an "odd job" shop. But maybe he has only ever done flat work,
and just doesn't have my perspective on things.

He's also said a few things in the past that make me believe that - if
he's not a competent machinist - he still knows quite a lot of stuff
about "stuff"; including machinery and old-school electronics.

Maybe, since this is a "discussion group", my attitude should be that
everyone has something to contribute (well... almost everyone), and I
should just disagree or stay quiet, when I disagree with what's written.

Nothing Gunner or you or anyone else on this group writes is going to
radically affect my life, and I'm not going to change anyone else's life,
either.

After 30+ years as a technical manager, I know that kicking dead horses
only ends up making my foot sore. The horses never complain.

Lloyd

The old "I used to be into necrophelia, flaggelation, and beasteality
until I realised I was flogging a dead horse" joke.