Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message ...

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:19:41 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Scant little knowledge necessary to build a bomb. Common materials,
instructions easily found on the internet.

But, it doesn't happen that way does it? Guns are by far the tool of
choice when some nut job goes off the deep end and goes on a killing
rampage.

I can't remember *ever* hearing of someone rampaging around with a
bomb. Sure there have been bombings, but it's usually someone who
plants it and then isn't there when it goes off.

That's a completely different scenario than someone walking through a
building shooting people.

It is, but yesterday's experience in Boston casts a different shadow on the
discussion. I don't disagree that unstable people can and do perform bad
acts with guns, but taking and keeping guns out of the hands of everyone
isn't the solution to the problem. Unstable people are the problem. My
guess is that we'll see bombs grow in interest in that community of people
as events like Boston grow. That seems to be the way these people work.
One mass shooting leads to many others - public bombings will lead to more
bombings.
Yes, we will see more of it. The news media will make sure of it.