Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 16/04/2013 13:57, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:41:44 PM UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 16/04/2013 11:30, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:48:30 AM UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:

I am surprised that people ever have to buy fruit and veg in a

supermarket.

I pretty much do, because either being at work or traveling to and from work between 8am and 6:30pm, there's little but supernarkets open other than the smaller local shops who's produce looks pretty dodgey.

I have a choice of three greengrocers, a fourth who turns

up at three different local markets and a farm shop that, perversely,

usually offers the best value for money.

What are there opening times ?

Not something I have ever needed to find out, although two of the

greengrocers and the farm shop are open on Sundays.

My closest market is open from 8am-5pm, closed sundays.
Theere are plenty of greengrocers that are open later but what they sell never looks very appealing.

There are no greengrocers left in our area, however there is an
extremely good butcher who also sells fruit and veg. Unfortunately I
work five days a week and take the kids to swimming lessons an a
Saturday morning. As the butcher's closes at lunchtime, I only have
around half an hour to make it and frequently I have other things going
on on a Saturday.

SteveW