Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 01:42:26 +0100, Frank Erskine
wrote:

I try to spread my purchases along the conveyor to make it easy for
the operator to pick up the items for processing, to the chagrin of
people behind me who are determined to get their goods on to the belt
ASAP.

I also place the items on the conveyor in the order I want to pack them.

Bottles and heavy stuff first, light easily damaged stuff last, I try and
segregate items destined for the fridge, frozen stuff and fresh stuff to avoid
it getting frosted. Pasta in a separate bag, biscuits and chocolate together,
any glass bottles always go in either a wine carrier or a proper bag,

But I try and avoid shopping completely as it drives me nuts