Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BottleBob BottleBob is offline

Default The First

On Monday, April 15, 2013 5:19:29 AM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
"BottleBob" wrote in message

Bob , it ain't my car ... that said , this guy has been building motors

for years , been down the turbo road and didn't like the lag . I'm pretty

sure he knows what he's doing . His latest build is supposed to be able to

turn something like 14,000 RPM's - I didn't know a V8 could spin that fast !

Terry:

I just didn't want you to get blamed if the results of the project didn't turn out as the customer wished, and he was looking for a scapegoat.

As far as the 14,000 RPM goes... While the 5.0's 3" stroke is short and good for some R's, 14k is certainly not going to be your granddad's pushrod 5.0 Mustang engine. LOL

Sounds like he somehow scored some Coates Spherical Rotary Valve Heads. (I'll make a new post about them)

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob