Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BottleBob BottleBob is offline

Default The First

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:22:08 PM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:

that first job is altering a Jag supercharger for

mounting on a Ford 5.0 highly modified motor . Hey , I always wanted to be

involved with building fast cars and bikes !!

Terry:

I don't know if you're aware of it or not... but supercharged engines use low compression ratios. My supercharged cars ran 7:1, and my turbocharged car ran 6:1.
If this 5.0 "Highly Modified" engine was designed to be normally aspirated it "could" have a compression ratio in the 11:1 or 12:1 range. It would detonate & destroy itself within minutes if you made any significant boost at full throttle.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob