Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default AR-15 Test Fire

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 4/13/2013 12:32 PM, RogerN wrote:
I test fired the AR-15 today, 29 rounds with no problems (except for
dropping 1 round, metal detector to come out later, have to locate some
brass too!). I shot up a can from fairly close range, need to set up
target
at a distance and get the iron sights set. Nineteen shots were factory
ammo
and 10 were reloads.

RogerN

Now build an AR-30!

Is that the .308 version? I've seen Armalite, IIRC, has an "AR-10" that
shoots .308, 7.62 NATO.

I've been looking at the .300 AAC Blackout, it seems to be a 30 caliber
round in a 223 case with similar ballistics to the 7.62 X 39. The advantage
is supposed to be that all you need to change is the barrel, the magazines
for the 5.56 / 223 fit the 300 blackout. They're supposed to be for ~100 -
200 grain bullets. Still hard to find many items in stock, I'd like to find
other reasonable priced 80% lowers.

I saw some 50 BMG uppers that fit on AR-15 lowers, bolt action though.

RogerN