Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 12/04/2013 23:00, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:24:34 +0100, polygonum wrote:

The local Waitrose has introduced some automated checkouts, last time
I was invited to use one I told them, if I wanted that sort of service
I would be shopping at Tesco.

I think it would sound better if you said "Asda", ...

Or Morrisons.

The choice round here is Waitrose or Tesco.
There is a Sainsbury on Tootenham Ct Rd; it was previously Budgens, it
has not improved.
There is also an M&S, after they intoduced the self service tills, AND
expected payment for bags that I stopped using them.
A Morrisons is due to open in New Oxford Street, replacing the bust
Jessops, I doubt I'll use it.

IMHO Morrisons are much better than poncy, over priced, nancy boy Waitrose.

Waitrose is full of Malcolm & Cressida Wright-Prat types.

Not in Bloomsbury unfortunately. Too many students most of the year.
They don't seem capable of shopping unless there are at least three: one
to hold the basket, one to pick stuff off shelves, and the rest to just
get in the way.

--
djc