Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 17:40:47 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

I agree - some offers are actually very good - yes, I will buy 3 months
of washing liquid or dishwasher powder if it is really the cheapest per
wash.

Washing up liquid I only buy when the Co-op has it on offer. I'll then
buy one everytime I go in for the duration of the offer, so that's about
3/week. We then have enough stock to last until the next offer. B-)
IIRC the normal price is £1.80 the offer is normally £1.

Same with the cat food buy only on offer or I'll buy two instead of one
jar of coffee when it's on offer etc.

Some stuff is bought from Costco at silly prices:

Geetas Premium Mango Chutney £3.99 for 1.5 kg.
Sunmaid Raisens £6.29 for 2 kg.
Basmati Rice £17.99 for 20 kg.
Decent quality dried pasta various £4.69 for 3 kg.
Decent quality dried spaghetti 4.99 for 3 kg.
Kikoman Soy Sauce £5.59 for 1.9 l.

However, if it means buying 3 lots of fruit that will die before anyone
east it, it's a waste.

True enough, perishables are bought as required in quantities that will
be consumed before they have gone too far.

--
Cheers
Dave.