Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 15:40:22 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

"Oh look she said "They do instant coffee in bags to refill your jar"
"yes, but its more expensive than in the jar"...sigh.

And she still thinks that 30% off £4 is a bargain, whereas paying £2
is not.

The supermarkets must love her. I do all the shopping you really do have
to watch the "offers" and compare the value of £1.70 for 120g or 2 for
£3.00, against £3.50 for 300g. I'm sure they pick the numbers to make the
maths hard to do in your head...

And it's not unknown for the same product to be in the chilled section
and the froozen section at considerably different prices, which the
offers can swing one way or the other...

I walked round LIDL and ALDI looking at basic stuff. It was all more
expensive than waitrose.

I can't say I've noticed a any great difference in price between the Aldi
and Tesco in Hexham. They are bang slap next to each other so you'd
expect the pricing to be competative in the Aldi.

--
Cheers
Dave.