Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default high-speed spindles

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 05:49:14 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this
volley in news:YvidnQBOdOeJRvnMnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

http://www.nskamericacorp.com/prod_m...ol_planet.aspx

Thanks. That would be MUCH more compact in place on my spindle nose. If
I only used it for PCB drilling, I think it would be ideal.

But I wonder how one would speed regulate such a spindle for actual
milling... any clues? Do they have throttling regulators for those?

LLoyd

Simple regulator should do the job. Lots of my clients use NSK air
spindles for C axis work on CNC lathes and we simply throttle down the
air pressure if need be.

There are some electric spindles out there..about 1" in diameter that
use a speed controller..but they add about $3k to the basic price

And NSK isnt..isnt cheap.

Gunner