Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

"Vic Baron" wrote in message ...

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"A man found in a pool of blood at a home improvement store in West
Covina after he purposefully attempted to cut his arms with handsaws
remained in critical condition Thursday morning, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Firefighter-Paramedic-West-Covina-Home-Depot-202462491.html

We need to demand that Home Depot and other stores lock up their saws and
conduct mandatory background checks on anyone wishing to handle or
purchase one... if it saves just one life it is worth it. Andrew Cuomo
and Chuck Schumer can help them spend millions to operationalize the
process and procedures. Write your Congressional representatives and
Senators now! Who knows how to set up a MoveOn.org petition? ;~)

Considering that someone just attacked some people in a school with a knife,
I expect the anti knife legislation will come first.

Just when we thought it was safe to carry a small knife on an
aircraft..........
Mario Cuomo, when governor of NY, gave a speech regarding a high profile
murder where the victim was stabbed to death. He said that was proof that we
needed stricter gun control. I wonder what kind of gun the victim was
stabbed with.