Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

Don't know about that, not noticed there being nobody on ours, though its
usually a young Asian who has no reall interest in doing the job.
I wonder if they will be automating their security so that robot guards
come and grab you if you try to leave without paying?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in message
I daren't go into B&Q if I am feeling at all out of sorts.

I know I will end up in trouble.

They don't person the row of tills any more, just have one attendant on
the four station automated checkout.

So you have to use the damn thing.

It is voiced by some kind of neurotic harpy with the vindictive timing so
that just as you are lifting the next item out of your trolley, she whines
about you putting the next item through the till.

After a few items I fell like continually shouting

"Shut the **** up!!!!!!!!"

One day..........

"Please swipe the next article"

"14 pound sledge hammer"

"No"

"Ouch!"

"Stop that!!"

"Grrrrkkkkkk"

On a related note, if they can't get enough footfall through a massive
store/warehouse/hanger to keep the tills busy then the can't be making a
profit on the stock they hold.

As with HomeBase, their days must surely be numbered.

Cheers

Dave R