Lone Wolf

Default Repairing concrete floor in shop

Hi Todd,

I'm a Highway Construction Inspector with the Ontario Ministry of
Transportation. Often in bridge construction and rehab, after removing all
scale and loose material, contractors use a product called "M Bed". It's a
quick set grout for exterior application (i.e. weathered areas). Do all the
prep work (chipping, sweeping, etc.) before you mix the grout. Dampen the
surface you are applying the grout to. It will start to set within 5 to 10
minutes.
Dump it out of the mixing pan or bucket and spread with a trowel until
smooth. The last step if you want a rough surface is to lightly sweep with a
corn/shop broom or a damp sponge. Let cure for 24 to 48 hours.

Regards,

Christopher Lang
Technical Support Technician
Ministry of Transportation of Ontario

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
One more time. (accidentally posted this in a.b.p.w)

My gar^H^H^Hshop has several areas where the surface of the concrete is
failing. I'd like to repair it, if for no other reason than it makes
rolling tools around a pain. After Googling around, there appear to be
dozens of products that claim to repair a concrete surface. What I'd like
to know is if anyone has actually used a product for this purpose that

they
were either happy or unhappy with?

todd