Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 12/04/2013 16:54, Bill wrote:
In message , Nightjar
writes
Reducing staffing by one person in every store for every hour they are
open, assuming adult minimum wage, will save them around £10 million a
year.

Saved me a bit of cash, too.

Last time I took SWMBO there for her to look at the potted plants or
something, I picked up a bag of stainless bolts thinking they would do
for the electric winch. Got to the checkout to find no staff, just a
machine. They must have had to carry the bolts back to the shelf, and I
came home and bought them for 25% of the price off ebay.

I can do far better than that -

B&Q: "Self Tapping Screw AVF-860119 Pack Of 25 (W)3.5mm x (L)12mm" £5.68

Local hardware shop 32 of the same screws, 23 pence!

SteveW