Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 12/04/13 16:13, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
I daren't go into B&Q if I am feeling at all out of sorts.

I know I will end up in trouble.

They don't person the row of tills any more, just have one attendant on
the four station automated checkout.

So you have to use the damn thing.

It is voiced by some kind of neurotic harpy with the vindictive timing so
that just as you are lifting the next item out of your trolley, she whines
about you putting the next item through the till.

After a few items I fell like continually shouting

"Shut the **** up!!!!!!!!"

I agree. I gave up on B&Q shortly after they introduced the automated
check-out.
I don't miss them. I am in central London and the nearest B&Q is at Park
Royal, if I can be bothered to go that far its only another quarter mile
to Wickes, and I have three branches of Leyland SDM within walking
distance.

The local Waitrose has introduced some automated checkouts, last time I
was invited to use one I told them, if I wanted that sort of service I
would be shopping at Tesco.

--
djc