Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 12/04/2013 20:04 John Williamson wrote:

On 12/04/2013 19:46, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/04/2013 19:34, polygonum wrote:
On 12/04/2013 19:07, alan wrote:

Annoying voice at self serve checkout
It's deliberate. it's to make you pack faster to make room for the next
customer. It's the same with "eat in" take-away food outlets. The seats
are just about comfortable for 10 minutes.

If they want us through faster, handle the tills as quickly as Lidl do.

That would mean importing more East Europeans to operate them.

They're all British at our local one. And they're *fast* on the till.
The fastest I've suffered there is one of the managers. He can scan it
faster than I can throw it into the trolley, never mind stacking it.

That's a 'me too' for our local Aldi. All British and shifting things
off the conveyor belt faster than we can get them into a trolley. We end
up just sliding them across the desk area and letting them fall into the
trolley.