Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 12/04/2013 16:48, Tahiri wrote:
They don't person the row of tills any more, just have one attendant on
the four station automated checkout.

So you have to use the damn thing.

I went into Marks early one day last week and having filled my
mini-trolley, found a queue at the DIY tills "Because the manager has
decided not to open the checkouts." I guess until 9:00AM ! On getting home
I emailed Customer Services and told them it was ridiculous and I wouldn't
be going back unless they had a checkout available. Within 15 minutes I
had a reply saying that the local management team had been contacted and
thanks for letting them know. I actually haven't been into B&Q since they
were introduced. As a *choice* they are fine and with a few items I will
use them but if enough people complained and voted with their feet perhaps
they would at least maintain the option.
It should be about what the customer wants, though I can see them
eventually adding a surcharge for use of a checkout!

Andy C

It is noticable in my local Tesco that there is often heavy useage of the
staffed
'Basket' checkout, despite all the self service tills being free.

Obviously good Trade Unionists, who realise that if they use the
self-service tills they are stealing the jobs of other people.

Colin Bignell