Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tahiri Tahiri is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

They don't person the row of tills any more, just have one attendant on
the four station automated checkout.

So you have to use the damn thing.

I went into Marks early one day last week and having filled my
mini-trolley, found a queue at the DIY tills "Because the manager has
decided not to open the checkouts." I guess until 9:00AM ! On getting home
I emailed Customer Services and told them it was ridiculous and I wouldn't
be going back unless they had a checkout available. Within 15 minutes I
had a reply saying that the local management team had been contacted and
thanks for letting them know. I actually haven't been into B&Q since they
were introduced. As a *choice* they are fine and with a few items I will
use them but if enough people complained and voted with their feet perhaps
they would at least maintain the option.
It should be about what the customer wants, though I can see them
eventually adding a surcharge for use of a checkout!

Andy C

It is noticable in my local Tesco that there is often heavy useage of the
staffed
'Basket' checkout, despite all the self service tills being free.