Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Mark R. Wieber (a.k.a. Gunner) Cliff Notes Version 7

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:01:42 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

I think at one point Wieber was using

PE in an ad for his business... Yellow Pages or something similar.

This is a very sticky subject because engineering is a term used in

countries like the UK for machining. The problem would be using the

P.E. term. If you really care I'm sure Google has a record of Wieber

use of the P.E. term. I don't care. This is not the problem really the

problem with Mark Wieber and it's grasping at straws... which

KiddingNoOne often does.

We went through this in some detail some time ago, and if you want to google it, go right ahead. It is most certainly NOT a non-issue, any more so than it would be if I were to claim to be a physician (which I am not).

In the state of California (as in New Jersey), "Engineer" is a licensed profession, and to call oneself an engineer, one has to be licensed by the state. Wieber is not licensed, and therefore has no standing to claim that he is. Further, in the state of New York, one cannot hold an executive position in an engineering company without first being a licensed engineer. I am not sure whether that holds true for California or not.

Go ahead, google for the conversation right here in rcm. I do recall that I quoted chapter & verse from the California laws.

As for the rest of whoyakidding's ghost's aptly named "Cliff" notes, well, they're just too damned entertaining to ignore.

Of course now we have to wait with bated breath for GummyBear to claim that what he really meant by "Engineer" is that he was a train driver for the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe.

Arf arf, indeed.