Ermel Ermel is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
On Sunday, April 7, 2013 9:39:26 PM UTC-4, Ermel wrote:
I need to turn an AC 1/4 HP bench motor with 1/2" shaft into a

stationary drill.

I'm asking because I am not familiar with motor shafts and unsure about

drill chucks.

I assume I mount the 3/8" or 1/2" drill chuck on shaft with an adapter.

Now do I need a left hand or right hand thread on the adapter?

Also if motor shaft is 1/2" diameter and adapter is held on to shaft

with set screws, and the other end of adapter is a threaded end, how

should I purchase the drill chuck? what size and thread orientation? Do

all shafts come with a flat area on them?

Also how would I vary the speed of the motor?

Thanks for your help in this.

Ermel

Here ya go...

Chuck Adapter 1/2" Throat - Buffing Adapters - Buffing/Polishing - Caswell Inc

G'luck

--

PaulS
Thanks, Paul that may work indeed.