Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Spectacle lens cleaning fluid - cheaper version?

On 11/04/2013 01:59, Phil Addison wrote:
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:20:51 +0000 (UTC), (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:

In article ,
Phil Addison writes:
I'm fed up with paying £45.80 a litre (well £5.49 for a 120ml bottle) for Boots "Spectacle
lens cleaner" but can't find similar cheaper anywhere. What's in this and is there a
cheaper version? I like the convenience of the quick squirt and wipe with this sort of
spray bottle and don't really want to resort to the soap and water method every day.
http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharma...20ml-_1132029/

Costco sell a twin pack of two large bottles (probably each one is 10 times
the size of the optician ones) for something like £10 from their optician
counter. I get it for my parents (or I did once - it's never run out since).

Looks a good deal; now I have a reason to sign up to costco.

Just check the ingredients of the Boots one: "Water, SAS-60 "Sodium C14-17 Alkyl
Sulfonate), Potassium Lauryl Phosphate". No idea what they are - except the water!

--
Phil Addison

What's wrong with the 99p for 100ml ASDA one?
or just use asda glass and widow cleaner at £1 for 500ml if you can
stand the smell.