Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default re-roofing an 8x12 shed?

On Apr 10, 12:54*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 10, 9:56*am, Harry K wrote:

On Apr 10, 4:19*am, Jason wrote:

After 30 years, the time has come to re-roof my 8x12 shed as there has
been a significant leak that has developed. *Having never done any
roofing before, I'd appreciate suggestions as to the process through
links, instructions, etc.

Also, since I won't have the time to re-roof for a couple of weeks yet,
* I'm wondering if I could apply roofing cement over the leaking area as
a temporary solution. *The area leaking seems to be affecting
approximately a 6x12" area underneath.

Thanks,
Jason

If it is asphalt shingles, the instructions on 'how-to' are printed
right on the bundles. *It is not a complicated process.

Do take the time to strip off all the old shingles.

Harry K

The only *slightly* complicated part is cutting the shingles for the
peak. You need to do that angle thing so that it looks neat when you
are done.

About half way down this site they show the proper angle layout for
the ridge:

http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/r...hingle_3tab/as...

I can't believe it!! I had to look at your cite to see what you
meant. I seem to have
forgotten about those angled cuts in spite of having reroofed my
garage, 2 sheds and a woodshed not all that many years ago. What good
is a memory if you can't forget?

Harry K