Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Spectacle lens cleaning fluid - cheaper version?

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:15:07 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Phil Addison
writes
I'm fed up with paying £45.80 a litre (well £5.49 for a 120ml bottle)
for Boots "Spectacle
lens cleaner" but can't find similar cheaper anywhere. What's in this
and is there a
cheaper version? I like the convenience of the quick squirt and wipe
with this sort of
spray bottle and don't really want to resort to the soap and water
method every day.
http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharma...ns-Cleaner-120
ml-_1132029/

Get yourself down to Costco or wherever else sells micropore cloths

You don't need fancy fluids, if the lenses are really dirty, a little
bit of gob for lubrication will help

For cleaning off all the verdigris etc, I use a £20 ultrasonic cleaner
every year or so

email me your address, I'll send you a micropore cloth

Ta but I'm ok for them. It looks like I now have an excuse to buy an ultrasonic cleaner
too.

--
Phil Addison