Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate itinstantly?

On 4/10/2013 10:50 AM, wrote:
On Apr 10, 10:36 am, TimR wrote:
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:19:18 AM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
Since the solution has to be readily available in the household,

it seems like only the ammonia is something we'd have on hand

were a few drops of bleach to be accidentally spilled on the carpet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach#...l_interactions

I will try it (OUTSIDE!) on a dyed towel and report back for

the team (with pictures). (If I don't report back ... )

Good idea. I didn't realize at first what you're trying to do - you're just trying to keep a few drops of bleach from leaving a mark on carpet.

This from the imbecile telling people it's an urban legend
that mixing bleach and ammonia is dangerous. You can't
even read a simple question that everyone else here understood.

His knowledge of chemistry is below grade school level.

Chloramine generated by using ammonia, even is small quantities where
toxicity and explosion hazards are minimal is still a strong oxidizing
agent which would be harmful to dyed fibers.

No only is he ignorant, he flaunts it