Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate itinstantly?

On Apr 9, 9:44*pm, nestork wrote:
I've heard that a variety of chemicals collectively called "Antichlors"
are used to remove excess bleach from textiles and paper pulp after
beaching them, but that's about all I know about the stuff.

This web site:
'Antichlor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichlor)

says that sodium metabisulfite can be used as an antichlor. *Sodium
metabisulfite can be purchased in any beer and wine making shop. *It's
dissolved in water and used to sterilize the beer or wine making
equipement.

[image:http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j0...tabisulfit...]

Sodium metabisufite is used to sterilize beer and wine making equipment
because the sulphur dioxide gas it releases will kill bacteria, but
isn't poisonous to us. *In fact, sodium metabisulfite is used as a food
additive, but I don't know how it's used in food.

--
nestork

it CAN trigger severe asthma attack.