Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spectacle lens cleaning fluid - cheaper version?

On 10/04/2013 13:47, Phil Addison wrote:
I'm fed up with paying £45.80 a litre (well £5.49 for a 120ml bottle) for Boots "Spectacle
lens cleaner" but can't find similar cheaper anywhere. What's in this and is there a
cheaper version? I like the convenience of the quick squirt and wipe with this sort of
spray bottle and don't really want to resort to the soap and water method every day.
http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharma...20ml-_1132029/

--
Phil Addison

A previous optician of ours gave us this tip:

Open the dishwasher door when the dishwasher has just finished its
cycle, and hold your specs in the steam. Then wipe them with a soft cloth.

Never fails!

When it's inconvenient to carry a dishwasher around with us, we use the
little packets of spectacle wipes available from the likes of Lidl and Aldi.
--
Cheers,
Roger