Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Spectacle lens cleaning fluid - cheaper version?

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:47:19 +0100, Phil Addison wrote:

I'm fed up with paying £45.80 a litre (well £5.49 for a 120ml bottle)
for Boots "Spectacle lens cleaner" but can't find similar cheaper
anywhere. What's in this and is there a cheaper version? I like the
convenience of the quick squirt and wipe with this sort of spray bottle
and don't really want to resort to the soap and water method every day.
http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharma...pectacle-Lens-

Cleaner-120ml-_1132029/

I use Solution 30 (aerosol). 400ml for £4.49 from Chemist Direct (they
have a carriage charge but I buy a lot of stuff from them).

Aldi sell a box containing 50 wipes for a quid.
Washing up liquid contains salt.