Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_2_] Tim+[_2_] is offline

Default Spectacle lens cleaning fluid - cheaper version?

John Williamson wrote:
On 10/04/2013 16:02, Jonathan wrote:
On Apr 10, 2:42 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:47:19 +0100, Phil Addison wrote:

Well each to there own but I use detergent and running water. Soap I find
doesn't clean as well and tends to smear on drying the lenes on a bit of
kitchen roll.

My optician says paper scratches the lenses, apparently you should use
a microfibre cloth or lint-free cotton.

+1.

Paper, even tissue paper, is more abrasive than you might think. Kitchen
roll is abrasive enough to clean grease off a pan if used right. I'd not
let it anywhere near any form of lens, never mind coated or plastic ones.

Am I the only one to use spit & shirt tail?

Tim