Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spectacle lens cleaning fluid - cheaper version?

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:10:09 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

Paper, even tissue paper, is more abrasive than you might think.
Kitchen roll is abrasive enough to clean grease off a pan if used
right. I'd not let it anywhere near any form of lens, never mind coated
or plastic ones.

My nose tells me otherwise. When I have a cold I use kitchen roll in
preference to any tissue, paper handkerchief or loo roll. Use any of the
latter I get a snore nose very quickly, use the former I don't.

This is cheap, plain, "value", supermarket kitchen roll. Not the fancy
stuff promoted by elephants or able to absorb 20 litres of water per
sheet and fall apart.

The problem with reusing a cloth is that it retains the grit from the
last cleaning and the cleaning before etc etc. OK if you throughly wash
it after every cleaning it might be OK but who does...

--
Cheers
Dave.