Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The First

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:22:08 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Payin' job should leave my "new" shop tomorrow !

Kudos!

In the last few months I've been moving equipment , carport , and stuff to
Mountain View AR .

I grew up (ages 5-1/2 to 12-1/2) on LRAFB and in North Little Rock.
When we moved to CA, I happily left about half my allergies behind.
When I moved to OR, I happily left another 35% of them.

Today I altered the mounting config on a supercharger for
my neighbor , the first paying job in the new shop . I think I've found a
niche here , as far as I know there's not another "odd job" machine shop in
the area . The neighbor and his son have given me an in to the local
fast-car crowd ... that first job is altering a Jag supercharger for
mounting on a Ford 5.0 highly modified motor . Hey , I always wanted to be
involved with building fast cars and bikes !!

Excellent. That should get you some interesting rides.

As far as shop rates go, you might check the going rates at machine
shops and auto repair shops to come up with what the market will bear.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.