Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default How to bury your guns

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:09:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert
wrote:

I ran across this article on another newsgroup
which dealt with some of the conspiracy
theorists in the US that are burying guns and
ammunition in case they need to shoot someone
someday.

It is an interesting read, and covers many things
I hadn't thought about if, for instance, I wanted to
bury something valuable somewhere.....

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/wolfe140.html

Perhaps you will find interesting also..

It's interesting. One thing I wonder is why not just immerse the gun
in oil? Put the gun with a lot of gun oil inside a plastic bag. Then
put that inside the PVC tube and fill the PVC tube with motor oil and
cap it. Even if the plastic bag leaked it would just mix the gun oil
with the motor oil, shouldn't be a big deal.

Another thing I thought about was the idea of placing your OWN "tree
stumps" in the form of metal rebar. If the ground isn't too hard and
rocky you could drive a couple 6 foot long rebar's into the ground and
leave them sticking up a little, bend the tops over so no one hurts
themselves. Two of them with a line drawn between them as the base
line. Then mark the gun with a perpendicular imaginary line from that
some distance away, could be 78 feet for example. Far enough that no
one is going to be able to use your baseline to find anything unless
they know the 78 foot distance you used. You also don't have to draw
the perpendicular from the midpoint, it could be at the 5 foot
distance from the southern rebar (lets say the rebar is 20 feet apart.
You would also measure the location from other natural landmarks, but
the rebar is going to be easy to find later with a cheap metal
detector. And of course, you would also document the rebar's
locations relative to natural landmarks. This makes it possible to
have a several way redundant relocation method without the metal
detecting part being able to give away the REAL gun location.