Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default Updating these wardrobes!

VC25 wrote:

I really need to decorate my bedroom, but I have these terrible built in
wardrobes that are very dated and not my style. Unfortunately, I don't
have the money to be able to rip them out, so I wondered if anyone had any
ideas of how to update them a little to save me the funds? I have
absolutely no idea where to start!

You don't make it clear whether it's just the outside of the wardrobes that
offends you. Does their inside storage (which I'd guess is a rail only in
the lower area and maybe shelves in the upper ones) do what you want?

Depending on the sizes you might be able to remove the cupboard doors and
the frame that supports them, then use the carcases (ie the internal parts)
of eg some of IKEA's wardrobes (or other cupboards) to fit into the gap,
thus giving you in essence an IKEA wardrobe recessed into the wall. That
needn't be too expensive. Whether it would work well really depends on how
close in size the gap your wardrobes take up is to the sizes of the IKEA
units.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".