Bob Eager

Default Burglar Alarm

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:25:10 UTC, Andrew McKay
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:30:55 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:
But I don't want it replaced, I want a refund of what I paid them; the
original didn't work, so why should a replacement be any different?.
They charge 10% for restocking plus 20% for anything not in the original box
plus whatever they feel like for anything not in new condition; You try
getting a cable into a PIR without using one of the cable knock-outs!

You cannot be serious. I hate to say it but it sure sounds as though
Maplins are dealing with this correctly!

If I read the above correctly then you've thrown away the original
packaging, the goods are no longer in new condition, and you've
knocked holes into a PIR to fit cables? Why on earth should you expect
them to refund you in full under these circumstances?

Because it didn't work. We're not talking DSR here, but SOGA.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..