Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lathe....

On 2013-04-06, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 06:19:47 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 04/06/2013 04:12 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

The problem for me..is finding SMALL machines. I can find any number
of lathes that are 52" or longer end to end. But then..Im in the
biz.

This one looks like it's in pretty good shape, and the price is very
good for listings in this area:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/3698996873.html

Jon

Forwarded!

Looks like a good size for his needs, and the steady rest is a
nice extra -- especially if he starts working on rifle barrels.

It would be nicer if it had the power feed and the quick-change
gearbox -- and I don't see the collection of change gears which should
come with it since it does not have the quick-change gearbox -- but it
is a good start. I would add a quick-change toolpost and certain tool
holders in place of the lantern style toolpost, but other things
(including the gears) can probably be found on eBay over time.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564