Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Admitting Your Mistakes And Learning From Them

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 07:56:21 -0700, wrote:

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 20:53:24 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"jon_banquer" wrote in message ...
On Apr 4, 8:18 pm, Richard wrote:
Ok, enough 20 questions...

What damn fool thing did you do?

No doubt, I do feel like a damn fool. I was using a glass cutting board:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1335613.html

Yup that'd do it, alright...

I've got a piece of UHMW about 3/4 thick and 18X24...big enough to break down most any beef primal section...it gets bleached frequently and occasionally I'll carefully scrape to remove any deep scratches....

BTW, I make a killer Pastrami...if you ever get the notion to travel up this way, be sure and give me about 3 weeks advance notice....

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...91702189_n.jpg

I make corned beef from scratch using a brine I developed myself after
failing to find a good recipe for one. Lots of dry recipes but I
wanted something that would work in 24 hours. I would love to have
your recipe for pastrami if you would be willing. I will happily trade
my corned beef recipe for it. In fact, if you don't want to give it up
I will still post my corned beef recipe if anyone is interested.
Eric

Gunner asks for it!!