Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Followup on the giant maching

On 4/5/2013 12:04 AM, Ignoramus7029 wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a message about a huge machine that I
bought for scrap.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Snyder-Machine/

I thought that I would follow up.

It took 2x as long as I expected, to disassemble it, load on the truck
and take t scrap yard. However, despite dire warnings, everything went
smoothly with no accidents or big troubles. We used up about six fire
extinguishers.

After I got all the weights, the machine weighed 53 tons, out of which
50 tons was steel/cast iron, and 3 tons were motors and copper wire
and miscellaneous parts to be sold as usable.

THAT was certainly "young-man work"! So, Advil or Aleve?