Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J.B.Slocomb J.B.Slocomb is offline

Default Reloading Automation

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:21:44 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 4/5/2013 4:21 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:32:36 -0500
wrote:

snip
Onlyest problem now - is finding the dies.

No 30.30 tools to be had anywhere...

Just looked, Midway had some odds and ends:

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userse...ensionid=11965

Lee Pacesetter 3-Die Set 30-30 Winchester
$30.49 - Available - Add to Cart

Bless you, Leon!
But you cost me a bunch of money today...

I called and spoke with a very knowledgeable young lady named Britney.
They did indeed have the dies - in stock!
Lee dies, but ok, that's what we'll start off with.

So I ordered those and added a small starter kit (that was also in stock!).
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/937051/rcbs-rock-chucker-supreme-master-single-stage-press-kit

I think I can get brass, bullets and primers locally.
At least they were on the shelf here yesterday.
500 rounds of brass seems like a reasonable supply to keep on hand?

I read the Hornady book the other day and came to understand that this
really isn't rocket science. Good engineering attitude will pay off,
but it's not all that difficult.

I'm still curious how the necking works out, but have a local guy who
says he'll be glad to help me learn the ropes here.

I want to thank all of you guys who have added your knowledge, and
occasionally wisdom, to this thread. It would have been a lot more
intimidating otherwise.

Thanks

Richard

If you are not loading to get the nth degree of muzzle velocity than
it is a pretty routine procedure. Remember that millions, of "rounds"
were hand loaded routinely before the advent of cartridge weapons :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.